Theorem: International Conferences & Events for Development of Culture, Science, and Education (Theorem Conferences) respects your privacy.
Theorem Conferences collects information that individual visitors provide voluntarily. Some of this information is collected because it is useful in connection with Theorem Conferences’ objectives, which include:
- organizing scientific conferences;
- providing an application and registration process for attendance at a conference we organise.
Theorem Conferences may collect and store PII in various places throughout it’s websites connected with an application to attend a conference. Pll may also be collected and stored if you provide it elsewhere in the course of a visit to our Websites, such as while requesting for information from Theorem Conferences.
In addition to the uses described below, we may use your Pll to:
- notify you of upcoming conferences and;
- contact you to respond your questions and requests for information.
i. Conference Application and Admission Processes
If you apply to attend a conference, we will collect PII to facilitate that process. Such information may include your contact details, such as your name, institution, physical address, email address, and telephone number. This is so that we can contact you and process your application.
If your application is approved, you are expected to register and pay as soon as possible, to confirm your attendance. To facilitate payment by debit card, Theorem Conferences uses a third-party payment processor who collects your payment and billing information — e.g., your debit card number and billing address — who will use such information to process your payments.
If you are accepted to a conference, we will use your Pll to:
- process your registration and facilitate your attendance at the conference(s);
- process your payments related to conference attendance as mentioned;
- provide you with information regarding the conference, including scheduling and logistics.
We also may share Pll (other than payment information) of conference attendees with the other delegates of the conference. The purpose of this is to enable conference attendees to contact each other prior to and after the conference, for networking purposes, in furtherance of one aspect of Theorem Conferences’ mission.
ii. Participation as a chairperson or speaker
If you speak or chair sessions in our conferences, we may post your PII on the relevant page of the website, such as your name, employer, and your photograph if you have provided one.
How Your PII is Protected
Any personal information you provide us, including and similar to your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside our organization except as noted below.
Our Service Providers.
We may share your personal information with the company that help process credit card payments and that provides our platform for online registration and submission of works. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this site when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law; to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
a) If a delegate is unable to attend an event for any reason they may be substituted, by arrangement with Theorem, by someone else from the same organisation.
b) If a delegate is unable to attend, if the conference organisers are informed by email by the deadline for payment displayed on the website of the event, a delegate can keep the payment towards the same event or another conference organised by Theorem that takes place in the 12 months following the originally booked event. The paper will not be published in the Conference Proceedings if the fee is held over for another conference.
c) When the delegate is unable to attend, and is not in a position to transfer his/her place to another person or to another event, then the following refund arrangements apply:
- Registrations cancelled more than 60 days before the event will be refunded 80% of the registration fees.
- Registrations cancelled less than 60 but more than 30 days before the event will be refunded 50% of the registration fees.
- Registrations cancelled less than 30 days before the event will not be eligible for a refund.
- Cancellations from authors made after a failed visa application will be refunded the registration fees paid in excess of GBP200, which covers the costs associated with processing the paper. In this event, the paper will still be published in the conference proceedings and delegates will receive an electronic copy of the proceedings and electronic certificate.
- Cancellations from non-authors made after a failed visa application will be refunded the registration fees paid less an administration charge of GBP 50 per participant registered.
- Conference proceedings and certificates for registered participants who are for whatever reason unable to attend will be e-mail to the delegates if the fee has been paid.
Important note for failed visa applications
Notification must be sent to Theorem by e-mail no more than 10 (ten) working days before the conference starts* for refunds to be eligible. Cancellations received after this cut-off time will not be eligible for refund.
* Saturday and Sunday do not count as working days.